The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board (TBDSSAB) delivers Child Care, Housing and Ontario Works services to people living in the District of Thunder Bay.
TBDSSAB was established on April 1, 1999, through the enactment of the District Social Services Administration Board Act. We are one of 47 delivery agents in Ontario that is mandated by the Province of Ontario to deliver social services.
Our District includes 15 member municipalities who are represented on our Board of Directors by 13 Municipally appointed representatives. As well, our Board of Directors includes an elected representative from the Territories Without Municipal Organization. Learn more about our Service Area and Board of Directors.
The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board delivers provincially mandated services on behalf of the citizens of the District of Thunder Bay in an equitable and cost-effective manner.
The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board provides quality services within the context of a commitment to social justice and recognition of people's potential to achieve self-sufficiency and to break the cycle of social assistance.
At The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board, we:
- Acknowledge that all people have the right to dignity, respect and quality of life.
- Respect the diversity of cultures, skills and abilities of all people.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to find innovative solutions.
- Provide opportunities for life-long learning that are responsive to people's needs.
- Embrace open communication
- Effectively manage our human and financial resources.
< Back to Home