TBDSSAB is a Mask-Friendly space, meaning visitors entering the building will be encouraged to wear masks, but mask wearing will no longer be enforced.
For an up-to-date listing of office locations and service hours, please click here.
TBDSSAB is a Mask-Friendly space.
Rapid Antigen Tests available for service recipients at Intake
COVID-19 Relief Programs
To apply to COVID-19 related programs, see below information or contact us at: 807-766-2111.
Tenant Outreach and Food Security
- Vaccination clinic partnership for vulnerable tenants.
- More outreach to tenants to offer support and resources.
- To apply, call TBDSSAB at 807-766-2111, toll free at 1-877-281-2958.
Child Care Services
- All Licenced Child Care programs adhere to Ministry of Education Operational Guidelines for Child Care during a COVID-19 Outbreak.
- To apply for child care, please visit: www.thunderbaychildcare.ca
- EarlyON Child and Family Programs continue to offer virtual and in-person programming. Programs adhere to Ministry of Education Operational Guidelines for EarlyON Child and Family Programs during a COVID-19 Outbreak to ensure the safe delivery of programs.
Isolation Shelter Programs
- Per regular practice, community members should visit or call either Salvation Army or Shelter House to access services.
- TBDSSAB works in partnerships with community agencies to provide support to people who need shelter with access through the emergency shelter system.
- Organized isolation sheltering in partnership with other community organizations to meet the needs of the vulnerable community when isolation due to COVID-19 was required. Effective April 1, 2021, COVID-19 isolation sheltering is now coordinated by St. Joseph’s Care Group.
COVID-19 Related Reports to the Board:
In response to the pandemic, TBDSSAB received one-time funding allotments through Ontario’s Social Services Relief Fund. Below are recent reports related to this funding. For more Board reports, please visit www.tbdssab.ca/board/reports
- Social Services Relief Fund Update, September 2022 (pdf)
- Social Services Relief Fund Update, July 2022 (pdf)
- Social Services Relief Fund Update, June 2022 (pdf)
- Social Services Relief Fund Update, May 2022 (pdf)
- Social Services Relief Fund Update, April 2022 (pdf)
- Social Services Relief Fund Update, March 2022 (pdf)
- Social Services Relief Fund Update, January 2022 (pdf)
- Social Services Relief Fund – Phase 3 Update, December 2021 (pdf)
- Social Services Relief Fund – Phase 3 Update, November 2021 (pdf)
Showing all posts in category: COVID-19
Emergency Child Care, January 2022
Media Release: [...]
COVID-19 Vaccination Policies in Effect at TBDSSAB
Media Release: [...]
Emergency Child Care During Extended Virtual Learning
Media Release [...]