TBDSSAB Offering Free Flu Shot Clinic to Clients and Tenants
The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board (TBDSSAB), in partnership with Superior North EMS, is offering a free flu vaccine clinic to all clients and tenants.
December 9, 2019 9:00 am to 2:30 pm
231 S May Street (TBDSSAB Main Office)
No appointment needed, just walk in.
The Flu can be a serious disease.
- Flu is very contagious and can spread quickly and easily.
- You can pass the flu on to others who may be at risk of serious complications, before you even know you are sick.
- The flu is responsible for about 12,200 hospitalizations and 3,500 deaths per year and can affect everyone, including those who are healthy.
You need to get vaccinated every year.
- The effects of the flu vaccine can wear off, so you need to get a new one every year to stay protected.
- Flu viruses change each year. Experts create a new vaccine to protect you each flu season.
You can’t get the Flu from the flu vaccine.
- The viruses in the flu vaccine are either killed or weakened and cannot give you the flu.
- The Flu vaccine is safe.
- The flu vaccine has benefited millions of Canadians since 1946.
- Most people don’t have reactions to the flu vaccine; those who do may have soreness, redness or swelling at the injection site.
- Severe reactions to the vaccine are extremely rare.
Everybody wins when you get vaccinated.
- By getting the flu vaccine, you protect yourself and others because you are less likely to spread the flu.
- It’s a simple action that can save lives. (Source: Know the Flu facts, Health Canada )
Download: December 9 Flu Shot Clinic (PDF)