The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board (TBDSSAB) believes that the well-being of our communities depends on the care and support our children receive.
Child Care Services invests in the physical, social, emotional, and economic health of our communities by supporting children's programs that are affordable, effective and accessible for all.
At TBDSSAB, we administer 6 main children's services:
- Child Care Fee Subsidy
- Online Child Care Applications
- Special Needs Resources
- Quality Assurance
- Family Resource Programs
- Ontario Works Informal Child Care
The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board Child Care Services strives to:
- Create a comprehensive, consistent child care system that supports sound investment in the early years as the foundation for a healthy future.
- Stabilize the child care sector as an integral player in the economic and social health of a community.
- Focus on child and family with an emphasis on what is in the best interest of the child and family.
- Ensure children experience safe, nurturing and stimulating environments.
- Establish quality assurance measures that foster and enhance healthy early childhood development for lifelong learning.
- Promote an inclusive climate for children with special needs and exceptional circumstances.
- Foster dynamic services that are responsive to all cultures and respectful of diversity.
- Co-ordinate, collaborate and co-operate with all community partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of accountability to children, parents, families, community and the Ministry of Education.
< Back to Home
Please download Adobe Reader to view the files below.
|Child Care Social Referral Fee Subsidy Application Form - Thunder Bay|